We intend to create communities in our parish that will address and develop people’s personal relationship with Christ in the context of the family and a faith community.
Our objectives for Faith Development are:
- Initiate faith education programmes in the parish and in particular, faith development initiatives for young people.
- Introduce programmes for the formation of catechists
- Make an inventory of those qualified in religious education, theology, scripture and pastoral education in the parish.
- Foster closer faith development relationships between the parish and the schools.
- Yearly family pilgrimage.
- Actively promote the sacrament of Confession.
God, our Father,
We are brothers and sisters in Jesus your Son,
One family, in the Spirit of your love.
Bless us with the joy of love.
Make us patient and kind,
gentle and generous,
welcoming to those in need.
Help us to live your forgiveness and peace.
Protect all families with your loving care,
Especially those for whom we now pray:
[We pause and remember family members and others by name].
Increase our faith,
Strengthen our hope,
Keep us safe in your love,
Make us always grateful for the gift of life that we share.
This we ask, through Christ our Lord,
“Pope Francis describes Lent as a favourable season for deepening our spiritual life through fasting, prayer and almsgiving” – Archbishop Eamon Martin (Click here for Lenten Events and Resources in our Parish)
Click here to sign up for your Daily Reflection, directly to your email inbox from Dynamic Catholic.